Educational Materials for Organic Chemistry
Materials relevant to CEM 251 at Michigan State University (fall 1996) - Organized by chapter
- Chapter 1
- Molecular Orbitals - by Thomas Poon, Dept. of Chemistry, Colby College (requires Shockwave - instructions available through the molecular orbitals page)
- Hybridization Tutor - by Daniel Dolata and Stavros Karatsoridis, Dept. of Chemistry, Ohio University
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
- Practice Questions - Practice questions from chapter 9 for exam 3.
- Integrated Reaction Roadmap - A wider view of the reactions you've learned should help with synthesis problems. Use this as a launch-point to reach the pages about the individual reactions in chapter 9.
- Chapter 10
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 15
- Chapter 16
Information about viewing various types of information on these servers:
- Using plugins: Appropriate plugins are strongly recommended for viewing movies and molecules.
- Obtaining and using Rasmol: Rasmol allows viewing of molecules with user control of rotation, rendering, and scale. It can be used as an alternative to the Chime plugin which allows the same operations.
Last modified 3/17/97
Dr. Abby Parrill
Department of Chemistry
Michigan State University
These pages may be downloaded and linked from other pages freely for academic and educational purposes. Questions, problems, and errors should be sent to